The CareerCenter offers specialized employment and training services for Veterans. If you served in the U.S. Armed Forces a CareerCenter Representative can help you find a job, obtain new skills, or access other state or federal resources available to Veterans.
Job Seeker Services
- Help with your job search, resume writing and interview skills.
- Guidance to help you translate your military skills to good jobs in the civilian workforce.
- Referrals to other state and federal resources available to Veterans.
If you are a Veteran or eligible spouse, please identify yourself as such when inquiring about any Maine Department of Labor program. Veterans and eligible spouses are given priority of service for the receipt of employment, training and placement services provided under most Maine Department of Labor-funded programs.
Veterans Preference Hiring with State of Maine
The State of Maine is an employer that is committed to providing qualified veterans opportunities to compete for jobs in State Government. Maine Law states any veteran or gold star spouse who meets the minimum qualifications established for the position shall be offered an interview with the state agency of the employment opportunity. If you are interested in receiving guidance on other State of Maine openings for which you may be qualified to apply, please contact the Bureau of Human Resources at (207) 624-7761 or visit their website at www.maine.gov/bhr.
How to Connect
Veterans or transitioning service members who meet any of the following can contact a Veterans' Representative below, directly. If neither apply to you, contact your local CareerCenter.
- You are a veteran with a service connected disability
- You are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- You are recently separated and unemployed
- You have less than a high school diploma
- You are an offender released in last 12 months
- You are low income
- You are between the ages of 18 and 24
Businesses that hire Veterans get dedicated employees who bring a wide range of experience to the workplace. CareerCenter Veterans' Representatives work with local employers to connect Veterans with good jobs. Employers who hire eligible veterans may be able to take advantage of the Work Opportunity Tax Credit. If you are a Maine employer looking to hire quality workers with strong leadership and teamwork skills, contact your local CareerCenter Veterans' Representative for more information.
Veterans Serving Veterans
CareerCenter Veterans' Representatives are located around the state and are ready to serve you.
- Disabled Veteran Outreach Program Specialist (DVOPs) counsel veterans in all aspects of job search and career development.
- Local Veterans Employment Representative (LVER) work with employers to facilitate employment opportunities for veterans.
LVER –Steven Roy
DVOP – Joshua Brown
Address: Augusta CareerCenter
21 Enterprise Drive, Suite 2
Augusta, ME 04333
DVOP – John Wagner
Address: Southern Midcoast CareerCenter
275 Bath Road, Suite 3
Brunswick, ME 04011
Address: Machias CareerCenter
53 Prescott Drive, Suite 1
Machias, ME 04654
DVOP – Marcel Bosse
Address: Presque Isle CareerCenter
66 Spruce St,
Presque Isle, ME 04769
DVOP – Dennis Corson
Address: Tri-County CareerCenter
45 Oak Street Suite 3
Bangor, Maine 04401
DVOP – Jade Graczyk
151 Jetport Blvd
Portland, ME 04102
DVOP – J.R. (Francis) Abbott
(207) 324-5460 x 2203
Address: York County CareerCenter
9 Bodwell Court
Springvale, ME 04083