100 Days, 100+ Employers, 100+ Veterans Hired
The annual Maine Hire-A-Vet Campaign provides support to connect employers and job seekers to expand the hiring of veterans. Services listed below are available for Veterans and eligible Military Families.
Hilton Honors: Veterans traveling 40 miles or more for an interview or job fair may be eligible for free overnight accommodations through the Hilton Honors Program. To learn more, contact John.W.Wagner@maine.gov.
Veterans and Military Families, connect with your local Maine CareerCenter Veterans’ Representative for job search assistance.
Employers, Join the Campaign: Click here to review and sign the MOA.
Contact: Steven Roy, Campaign Coordinator, Tel: 207-624-5156, TTY: Maine Relay 711, MaineHireAVet.DOL@maine.gov
- 197 veteran hires
- 147 participating employers
- $22.23 avg. placement wage
Maine CareerCenters help veterans who have to travel for a job interview to stay at a Hilton Hotel for no cost through Hilton Honors.
How it Works
Support for Veterans
- Pre- and Post-transition personalized networking
- Personal assessment
- Resume and interview preparation
- Partner agency coordination
If you are a Veteran or eligible spouse, please identify yourself as such when inquiring about any Maine Department of Labor program.
Veterans and eligible spouses are given priority of service for the receipt of employment, training and placement services provided under most Maine Department of Labor-funded programs.
Support for Employers
- No-cost resources to post your jobs on Maine JobLink and Live+Work in Maine.
- Assistance with filling job vacancies.
- Hosted job fairs and employer recruitments at Maine CareerCenters.
- CareerCenter resources and interview/conference rooms
- Connect employers with statewide Veteran organizations.
- Employment, training and placement services available to eligible trailing spouses.
Employers that hire eligible veterans may be able to take advantage of the Work Opportunity Tax Credit.